Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wonderful Thursdays.

We had the most wonderful meetings today. We miss Brother C but know he will be back next week. We are anxious to hear about his trip to visit his family in Wyoming. Today we visited the Simola's and gave a great lesson on Tithing. I made a file folder activity game for the children, Rachel and Pili, we counted coins and filled out tithing envelopes. It turned out really well. Our next visit was with "Uncle Andy". We read Helaman 14 and 15. He told us he is reading what we read in Hawaiian in English after we finish in the afternoon. Yea! We also had a great visit with Vince, Lois and Bonnie. We read Alma 32. The wonderful chapter on faith. When we were talking Vince made the wonderful analogy of comparing the Holy Ghost as member of our team. He said sometimes when we are in the "dugout" we put him on the bench and leave him there instead of taking him with us all the time. It really touched my heart and made me think. The Holy Ghost is the most important member of our team and we need make sure we "take" him with us always. After the lesson Wally and Vince jammed on the Ukuleles while we got dinner ready. It was yummy. My, they treat us so well. I know you are wondering why I put this rainbow shot on this post. We have lots or full rainbows here. They are so vibrant I wish I could have captured its beauty. It reminds me that Heavenly Father is aware of us and is always near. What a great day it was!



No comments:

Post a Comment