Sunday, May 29, 2011

5th Sunday Missionary Meeting.

Today was a wonderful Sunday. The day started out in Sacrament meeting as a tribute to the Seminary students in our ward. They presented the whole program along with their teacher. It was all about the Doctrine and Covenants and church history. We certainly have some wonderful youth who will be great church leaders someday. They have such strong testimonies of the gospel. No one was here for our Gospel Principles class so we were able to attend the Gospel Doctrine class. It was the parables of Jesus. I learned a lot. Wally and I had just read the parable of the grape vineyard and the husbandmen. I didn't understand it at the time I read it and so when it was explained in class that it represented Christ being forsaken by his own people it made perfect sense to me. I love it when the light comes on in my head. I love the scriptures. For our combined meeting we chose a missionary theme and the missionary committee including Wally and I went and spoke to the Primary, YM and YW. We finished up in the chapel with everyone. We talked about the Power of One and how we can all help in the missionary process by referring friends and neighbors. Some new members bore their testimonies and that made it a perfect day! We hope this will inspire our ward members to start referring friends to us.

1 comment: