Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference.

We attended all 4 sessions of conference this weekend. We got up at 5:00 a.m both mornings so we could attend the live broadcasts at the chapel here in Kekaha. It started at 6:00 a.m and there were 3 other couples (the bishopric) 2 single ladies and us. The sessions were rebroadcast later for those who didn't want to get up quite so early. Some families have BYU T.V. and can watch at home. I have always love conference weekend and while I was still teaching it was such a refuge and refueling for me to shut myself in our little T.V. room and watch all sessions. Wally would drop in now and then and always watched on Sunday. This weekend was wonderful. The talks were exceptional and really touched our hearts. Wally really loved the whole thing. He said, "This was great I'm so glad we did this together." I wish I had gone with him to the Priesthood Session. No one thought to ask him and he missed dearly going with his boys and his grandsons. I am going to talk him into taking me along in October so he doesn't have to miss next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment