Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mangos and Honey.

Mangos and Kauai Honey (organic) and "sweet" neighbors. What a treat! Today our neighbor came over and brought 3 huge Haden mangos and a container of honey as a welcome gift. She is so kind. We always wave and say "Hi" but today she wanted to meet us. I wanted to take her picture but she said no not this week. "When I get my choppers then you can." "Promise?" I said. She nodded. (There are a lot of missing teeth here.) She and her husband live directly across from us and they belong to the Hawaiian church that is just down the street. The singing ones I've talked about before. We always ask how church is and she always
answers"maika'i" (good). I told her we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She told me that we take care of each other in this neighborhood and I should feel safe here. I told her I did. What a lovely feeling of acceptance. Are Wally and I now becoming kama'aina?

No comments:

Post a Comment