Saturday, December 3, 2011

We have toads!

Here is our toad!! Yes, we have toads, BIG toads in our yard. When we go out to the base we always carry a flashlight if we are walking on the grass at night so we don't step on a frog. We see BIG frogs smashed flat as pancakes in the road when we walk in the morning. I have always wanted to see a BIG one alive. No such luck. Last night though, when we came home after dark and pulled up in our drive way the lights were shining on what I thought was a BIG stick in the yard. Now that the lot next to us has been plowed up for the ward garden everything blows in our yard. I got out of the car and walked over to it to toss it back over the fence and look at who turned around to stare at me. Yikes, he is huge! I went out to put some laundry in and there he was again. I guess he likes it here. Yea, for new experiences everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment