Monday, April 23, 2012

Mahalo Oli.

Today was our last reading day with the 4th grade at Kekaha School.  It has been a great year and a half.  The kids are so cute and they love having us come.  If they see us anywhere around town they run up and say hi or just yell out if they see us.  They sang us a Mahalo Oli (thank you chant) and gave us a book of acrostic poems they created for us.  I read to them this time and I chose a Hawaiian Legend. The Legend of the Sleeping Giant.  It was a fun read and I told them that we had climbed the Sleeping Giant with their teacher.  That got rave reviews!  It has been a lot of fun giving service at the school. They love that both Wally and I do it together.  This evening the Bouches invited us out to the base to eat at Shenanigans.  Of course we couldn't pass that up.  Yummy food right on the beach as the sun goes down and the stars come up.  Talk about being in heaven.  In fact, before we got to the restaurant Bud took us for a quick drive around the base.  As he was driving he stopped the car and turned off the head lights.  It was pitch black---I mean pitch black!  He told us to open the car door and get out and look up at the sky.  Wow!  I have never seen so many stars.  I will never forget that.  It took our breath away! You can't see a sky like that in Orem.

No comments:

Post a Comment