Friday, April 27, 2012

King and Queen of the May Day Celebration.

I wasn't feeling too well today and decided not to go to the ward May Day Celebration. I didn't want to make anyone sick.  The Sister Missionaries came over in the afternoon and when I told them I wasn't going to go they said, "Maybe you should at least make an appearance and then come home and lay down."  I put on my new muu muu and tried to smile.  Wally looked handsome in his new aloha shirt and off we went.  When we got there the recreation hall was decorated beautifully and lots of yummy food was laid out to eat.  We sat down for a few minutes and the MC said now it is time to crown the King and Queen of May Day.  Wally and I both looked at each other and were talking about who we thought it could be when they called out..... Elder and Sister Fairbanks.  That's right it was us! We couldn't believe it.  We were so surprised. We had many gorgeous leis placed around our necks along with hugs and kisses.  The ward payed many tributes to us in song and dance. Some written just for tonight. It was absolutely beautiful.  We cried and laughed and hugged everyone.  What a wonderful gift this mission and these lovely people have been in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment