Sunday, April 22, 2012

Very Spiritual Sunday.

Today started out busy as we had our last Ward Council at 7:30 a.m. We reported on the missionary efforts of the week and talked about what's going to happen when we leave.  We told them that the sister missionaries from Kalaheo will cover this area until new missionaries are assigned. Wally and I gave our talks.  He told me he would speak first so I didn't have too much time to speak.  As it turned out my name was first on the program so he made me go first.  Hmmm.  I started talking and I just kept adding things about people and places and activities.  It ended up Wally only had about 10 min. to speak.  I still can't believe I did that.  Shock!  I even left out a whole section of my talk.  Brother Kunane gave the closing prayer.  He knows how much I love the Hawaiian language and he prayed in Hawaiian.  How sweet is that.  It really touched our hearts.  After the meetings we came home for a quick lunch and nap.  Tonight is the yearly Missionary Musical Fireside. Each ward sings a song and bears a testimony that goes along with their theme.  Our part of the program was the Book of Mormon.  We sang a song from a pageant that was presented on the island a few years a go. It was called "You Are the Shepherd and We Thy Sheep." Vince bore his testimony.  It was so powerful. A lot of people commented on the song afterward.  You could see them mouthing the words, it brought back sweet memories for them. President Dalton came and was the main speaker.  He is so sweet and loves the missionaries, people and islands so much. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. (Thanks Bishop Herr for reading the blog and being a friend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment